mc²56 – Performance, pure and simple.
A good console just got even better.
Compact, flexible, versatile. With a resourceful engine under the hood, there’s plenty of power to handle any situation. It is easy to understand, and intuitive to operate. This is the new mc²56. The console delivers performance, and is thus extremely suitable for everyday use. The new mc²56 combines the proven quality of its predecessors with new features, improved functions and clever innovations. Our conclusion in a single sentence: the new mc²56 is the best mc²56 ever. For maximum performance — pure and simple.
New: RAVENNA brings IP to your mixing console:
Read more about the new RAVENNA slot-in cards here.
The new generation mc²56 console is nominated for the resolution AWARDS 2013!
Full mc² functionality in a small footprint.
The highlights of the mc²56.
From extra small to extra large: The mc²56’s five frame sizes.
The size of the task determines the size of the tool, and not vice-versa. Therefore, the mc²56 is now available in five different frame sizes: for example, 16 faders for smaller outside broadcast vehicles or 80 faders for more complex challenges. With the mc256, you can get the mixing console to meet your exact requirements, tailor-made. The console is extremely flexible.
Form follows function: The central control section.
Easy-to-reach user-buttons, large trackball buttons, touchscreen in the central GUI, fancy-looking illuminated rotary knobs – anyone who sits down with the mc256 will want to get started immediately. And, thanks to many carefully thought-out details and clever features, the console is easy to understand and very intuitive to operate.
- NEW: Permanent metering of the 16 central faders
- NEW: More directly accessible parameters (e.g. all 6 dynamic parameters)
- NEW: 9 individually assignable user buttons
- NEW: Illuminated rotary knobs for an even better overview
- NEW: Large trackball buttons
- NEW: Improved snapshot operation thanks to more directly accessible buttons
- NEW: Integrated RTW goniometer or user panel in the overbridge
Now with many new functions: The decentralised control section.
The decentralised control section is a sure-fire winner: the sensible layout of control elements, combined with a wealth of practical details, guarantee maximum efficiency even in demanding productions.
The main highlights:
- NEW: Button-glow for colour-coding the channel strips and enhancing user guidance even in low light conditions
- NEW: Real 2-man operation with fully decentralized control of all parameters including bank and layer selection, EQ, dynamics and bus assignment
- NEW: Expanded, simplified touch operation for intuitive working, such as VCA allocation, bus assignment, meter pickup/mode select and mix-minus configuration
- NEW: User buttons in the channel strips can be changed as required, so that up to 12 parameters can be triggered using the 4 fader user buttons
Reference List mc²56
When facts count. The technical features of the mc²56
- Frames from 16 to 80 faders
- Remote stand alone frames from 16 faders
- 6 banks each with 2 layers each
- 100 mm faders + 2 freely adjustable rotary knobs + Input-Gain Controller + channel display for every fader with sense-triggered change of module display
- TFT metering mono, stereo or up to 7.1 including bus assignment, gain reduction for dynamics, AfV status, VCA assignment, Mix Minus
- GUI page output, e.g. metering, on an external monitor
- 9 user buttons
- Optional: one integrated user panel (automation, 40 buttons, Reveal fader surround, talkback), RTW goniometer integration, script tray
- 888 channels and 144 summing buses, 40 bit floating point
- Up to 760 inputs with A/B input, up to 64 sub groups, 32 aux sends, up to 96 track busses, up to 48 main sums
- Rapid switching of channel and bus to mono/stereo/surround
- Up to 96 surround channels, 128 VCA groups with metering, 256 GPC channels
- Surround formats: DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Pro-logic 4.0, DTS ES / Dolby EX 6.1, SDDS 7.1, DTS-HD 7.1, diverse panning characteristics, surround aux bus
- 2* AFL: 1* surround 8-channel, 1*stereo
- 2* PFL stereo
- Audio-follow-Video with 128 events, controlled ia Remote MNOPL, GPI or matrix connection, envelope adjustable up to 10 s fade time
- Solo In Place
- Permanent input meter beside fader, adjustable INPUT, PF, AF, DIROUT meter point in the channel display
- Loudness Metering according to EBU R128 & ATSC A/85, momentary or short term in every channel, integrated measurement on sum channels with display of integrated LUFS value in headline
- Modules: INMIX with MS decoder, digital amp, 2-band fully parametric filter, 4-band fully parametric EQ, 2-band fully parametric side chain filter, insert, delay up to 1800 ms (switchable units: meters, milliseconds, frames), 4 independent dynamic modules: expander, gate, compressor, limiter, image, meter, direct out
- Inline configuration with send/return switching - per channel or global
- Fully-equipped surround channel with coupling of all channel parameters and hyperpanning
- AMBIT Upmix available on every 5.1 channel, fully Downmix compatible
- Up to 8192 crosspoints, non-blocking
- 96 kHz, 24-bit
- Fully redundant signal path
- Level adjustment for all inputs and outputs
- Downsizing from surround (up to 7.1) to stereo
- Integrated monitoring devices for remote locations. e.g. director's room
- Full networking of up to 14 Nova73 HD / compact, share and import of sources and destinations, studio intervention
- Full snapshot and production portability independent of matrix and DSP size
- Full VST plug-in integration with storage of plug-in parameters in snapshots and production data
- Mic/Line, Line Out, AES, 3G SDI, MADI, ATM, GPIO, Serial, MIDI (for details see DALLIS product information)
- Stereo and surround monitoring systems
2 redundant inputs with automatic Blackburst, Wordclock, AES 3, MADI detection
- PSUs, DSP board, router board
- Fully redundant signal path
- Redundant control system, exchangeable during run time, full data redundancy
- Bay Iso with separate layer and bank switching, plus second PFL/AFL bus
- Global A/B input switching
- Enhanced mix-minus control with independent off-air conference
- Fader control on all level parameters
- Diverse tally and fader start modes
- Program switch
- Machine control
- Audio-follow-video, up tp 128 camera tallies, Ethernet or GPI controlled
- Camera mic remote via GPI or voltage control
External Control Systems
- Remote control of all routing parameters via network
- EmBER+ control protocol integrated (available 2013)
- Remote control of integrated matrix monitoring units
- Online configuration with AdminHD, graphical configuration of HD Core components
- External matrix controller: BFE, VSM, Evertz, Quartz, Pharos, and others
- Connection via Internet remote software
- Software updates, error diagnostics, remote assistance
Subject to change without prior notice, no responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided.
Offline preparation via mxGUI
Saves time, saves money, saves nerves:The controls for complex systems need to be transparent; mxGUI, Nova73 HD’s user interface, guarantees just that. The intelligent control software will win you over with one key benefit ... read more
It is difficult to imagine an OB services supplier being more involved in the world of sport than Broadcast Solutions at this point in time. read more
Company will handle full range of Lawo solutions. read more