Nova73 HD — Router for medium-size and larger installations
Set up, connect, and switch on.
Anyone who chooses a Nova73 HD has clearly decided for cutting-edge technology, absolute serviceability and an easy-to-operate user interface. The HD technology offers everything you would expect from a modern router — 96kHz operation, Dolby-E compatibility, and clock-synchronised switching to video frames or internal DSP. But what makes the Nova73 HD really special is that all its features are deliberately designed to be easy to use — an enormous advantage both in day-to-day operation, during installation and maintenance.
Nova73 HD features
In terms of performance, what makes Nova73 HD so persuasive is its massive potential of up to 8,192 inputs/outputs, available via RAVENNA, AES3, MADI and SDH/STM-1interfaces but all in a compact 10U package. In terms of configuration and user friendliness, Nova73 HD features a hot-plug capability and online configuration that even allows you to expand and change the system during live broadcasts. In terms of security, Lawo’s STAR² technology provides maximum redundancy and fail-safe operation. When it comes to performance and reliability, all the facts speak in favour of Nova73 HD.
- Flexible modular platform, scalable up to 8,192 mono channels
- Enormous interface versatility via I/O system DALLIS with fibre-optic infrastructure and with direct ATM/SDH connection
- Easy maintenance management thanks to a graphic interface and the possibility of on-air configuration
- Unique Dual Self-Healing Star topology possible
Tailor-made solutions for large audio distribution systems.
High availability and reliability, great scalability and flexibility: Networks of Lawo Nova routers enable efficient installation and operation of very large routing systems which are geographically far away from one another. By networking Lawo matrices, a nearly unlimited scalability can be achieved. Another benefit: The Nova network allows direct usage of public networks.
The most important highlights of networked Nova systems.
With Lawo you benefit from having a partner who understands your requirements to their very core. And who provides you with a comprehensive service for solutions from one source and a technology which also meets the highest of demands. That, for instance, means: thanks to networking matrixes, a nearly unlimited scalability can be achieved. Whether it is an entire radio station or temporary distribution system at a football world cup - your routing system can be adapted to your growing demands and is perfectly equipped for the tasks of the years ahead – an important point, also with regard to value retention and investment security.
When the facts count. Technical details of the Nova73 HD.
- Configurable without interruption of operation
- Integrated signal processing
- Mono routing
- Transparent transfer (Dolby-E compatible)
- Clock-synchronised switching
- 96kHz enabled
- Operating voltage 85 V to 265 V AC, 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- 19” / 10RU mounting frame
- Dual-star backplane (STAR² architecture)
- 2 slots for central modules
- 16 slots for I/O modules
- Active ventilation, temperature surveillance
- Integrated power supply 85...265 V AC / 47...63 Hz
- Active modules are hot-pluggable and accessible from the front
- Weight: 21 kg (incl. red. PSU)
- Router 8192x8192 mono
- I/O modules for RAVENNA, MADI, SDH/STM-1 and AES3
- DALLIS I/O system for decentralised structures and further interfaces
DALLIS breakout boxes for decentralized structures and additional interfaces
- Analogue Mic/Line (transformer or electronically balanced)
- Headphones (incl. VCA interface)
- AES/EBU (AES3)
- MADI (AES10)
- RAVENNA AoIP
- SDH / STM-1
- 3G/HD/SD SDI (embedded audio) with SRC
- ADAT® mit SRC
- Data transfer via RS422, RS232, MIDI
- GPI (Opto-couplers, relays, VCA)
Transparent transmission (Dolby® E compatible)
- Sampling rates 48/44.1 kHz and 96/88.2 kHz
- Possible clock sources: Wordclock, RAVENNA, AES3, Video, MADI or ATM/SDH
- Additional internal generator
- Clock output with current system clock
- Complies with AES11 Grade 2
Integrated signal processing
Integrated signal processing (DSP) with Gain/Phase, Balance, Mono Mixing and Silence Detect. Optionally also with:
- EQ (parametric or graphic)
- Dynamic units (Gate, AGC, Compressor, Limiter)
- Delay (up to 10s)
- Summing matrix (64 x 64 channels)
- Timed faders
- Signal monitoring
- Control and configuration software included
- Comprehensive control protocol Remote MNOPL (TCP/IP)
- Integrated web server and SNMP for system diagnosis
- Remote maintenance via VPN (ISDN available as option)
- Redundant router card
- Redundant I/O modules (configurable)
- Double ports (depending on module)
- Redundant link with the I/O-system DALLIS
- Phase-redundant power supply
- DSHS topology possible
RAVENNA brings IP to your router. Read more about the RAVENNA slot-in cards here.
Company will handle full range of Lawo solutions. read more
Radio and large format consoles, routers and more assume integral role in broadcaster’s operations. read more