V__pro8 — Video power on a small footprint.
The V__pro 8 — closing the gap between video and audio.
Conceptually, the V__pro 8 resembles a bridge builder. It is a compact, fully digital, eight-channel video processor comprising all of the glue features usually needed in the broadcast production workflow. Combining video and audio management in a single tool guarantees maximum efficiency and greatest operating safety, with significantly reduced space, wiring and cost.
For perfect synchronization: Integrating different signal worlds.
The V__pro 8 is the perfect tool to connect different video formats as well as to connect between audio and video. High quality cross-format conversion, color correction as well as audio embedding and de-embedding make the V__pro 8 a compact and powerful video processor, building bridges between different worlds and formats. Modern high-density audio connections such as RAVENNA and MADI provide efficient video-to-audio bridges
within the studio infrastructure. The V__pro8 works as a flexible matrix system: using its 8 x 8 video matrix and 384 x 384 audio matrix, it is possible to switch any signal to any other. A modern GUI based on HTML5 provides an ideal interface for easy handling of day-to-day work.
Here’s how it works: eight high quality 3G SDI de-embedders and a corresponding number of embedders are looped into the eight video signals according to your preferences. This enables any number of audio signals to be used from the video material, and new audio signals to be embedded into the video signal. In addition, sample rate converters in the embedders enable different “reference worlds” between audio and video — a simple, reliable and efficient solution.
Powerful tools for video processing
- Video / Audio Router provides an internal 8 x 8 video routing matrix and a 384 x 384 audio routing matrix.
- Frame-Synchronizer for syncing incoming independent free running signals to the same reference (Blackburst or TriLevel).
- Variable Video & Audio Delays for compensating latencies and lip-sync matching between incoming or outgoing audio (up to 320 ms delay) and video (up to 8 frames delay) signals. In Delay Auto Mode the audio delay can be set to automatically follow the video delay.
- (De-) Embedding with SRC to embed, de-embed and shuffle any of the 16 audio channels within the 8 SDI input/output streams simultaneously. Audio interfacing to mixing consoles or external audio routers via MADI and RAVENNA.
- Dolby® E Aligner to automatically adjust the timing of Dolby streams.
- Surround Downmix for providing two automated Lawo-quality 5.1/7.1 to stereo downmixes per embedder.
- Timecode Insertion provides selectable ATC LTC / VITC1 / VITC2 insertion from an input signal or in free run mode.
- Timecode Generator, Master Sync Generator
- Test Pattern and Video ID Generator provide video ID insertions (text, source, date, timecode, time of day) and color bar test pattern as well as a selection of audio test tones.
- Thumbnail Previewing to provide motion previews of video signals. The thumbnails are available via IP and can be displayed on the V__pro 8 GUI, external master control systems or PCs.
- High-quality Up / Down / Cross & AR Format Converter* for low latency conversion of multi-rate 3G / HD / SD-SDI signals to any relevant broadcast format. Multi-format video output: an incoming 1080 p signal can be converted to 1080i and 720p at the same time. The next generation motion-adaptive de-interlacing and scaling technology guarantees high image quality.
- Quadsplit Multiviewer provides a high quality video and audio monitoring solution with true peak & peak metering, UMD and tally support via the unit’s MV video outputs (BNC / Display Port), displaying up to four video sources at the same time.
- Waveform and Vectorscope Displays enable measuring and testing of video signals and evaluation of video adjustments processed within the V__pro 8.
- A / V Lip Sync Measurement is a high-end measurement tool for managing the precise synchronization of audio and video signals.
- RGB & YUV Color-Correction and Proc-Amp to adjust the video signal to specific color requirements. High-quality algorithms guarantee perfect video signals.
High usability, intuitive controls
Innovative functions are only useful in combination with user-friendly controls. Consequently, the V__pro 8 provides three convenient ways to control the device:
The V__pro8 can be configured via an easy-to-understand HTML 5-based touch screen interface that runs directly within the web browser. No software installation is needed. As a result, you benefit not only from state-of-the-art user-guidance, but also from elegant animations and many, practical features such as the video channel preview on your GUI. In addition, the web-based approach enables the user to access all V__line devices from anywhere within the network — a feature especially useful in bigger set-ups or in outside broadcast productions with long-distance links.
The V__pro8 fully supports the Ember+ protocol, enabling the device to be controlled by external master control systems like BFE’s KSC or LSB’s Virtual Studio Manager. This allows operators to easily access multiple device parameters along with other routing parameters of the broadcast installation via a single, integrated interface. In addition, they get access to the V__pro8’s thumbnails and peak meters within the VSM desktop environment.
V__fp1 Front Panel (optional)
In addition to the Web GUI, the V__pro8 can be equipped with a V__fp1 hardware control panel for direct configuration. It features a high-res OLED color display for showing the configuration menu and real-time viewing of video sources. In combination with the large rotary encoder and a Return / Cancel button this allows quick and easy set-up on-site. Ten quick-selection buttons for switchpanel, a front-panel headphone connector and an USB port for saving and loading of configurations complete the V__fp1 user interface.
The most important highlights - Everything at a glance
- Frame synchronization for each channel
- Frame Phaser and 2-Line Phaser mode
- Variable audio and video delays for each channel
- Embedding and de-embedding incl. SRC for each channel
- RGB Color Correction & Proc Amp for each channel
- Up/Down/ Cross Format & AR Conversion for two channels
- Two Surround-to-stereo Downmixer per Embedder
- Dolby® E Aligner
- Quadsplit Multiviewer
- Waveform and Vectorscope display
- Timecode Insertion, Test Pattern Generator and Video ID Generator for each channel
- Timecode Generator
- MasterSync Generator
- Multi-Format Video Output
- A / V Lip-Sync Measurement
Selected References V__pro8
Renowned customers worldwide have chosen the V__pro8
Selected references as of April 2014
Al Jazeera Sports
AMP Visual TV
ATV Privat TV
Audio Broadcast Services
BR Bayerischer Rundfunk
Bell Media Inc.
BeIn Sport Studio Paris (Al Jazeera)
United States of America
Dorna Moto GP
United States of America
Fox International Channels
IPL Indian Cricket League
Les Films du Soleil
MDR Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk
ORF Österreichischer Rundfunk
ProSieben Sat1 Produktion
Russian Academy of Sciences
Sky Italia F1
Studio Berlin Adlershof
Studio Hamburg MCI
Tokyo Broadcasting System
United States of America
Video Equipment Rentals Montreal
WTS Well Trade Services
When facts count. The technical details of the V__pro8
Video Signal Input/Output
- 8x 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs via BNC connector
- 8x 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs via BNC connector
- 1x 3G/HD-SDI MV output via BNC
- Display Port for local MV monitoring
Reference Signal Input/Output
- BB, Tri-Level, WordCLK input via BNC connector
- Loop thru, WordCLK, BB output via BNC connector
Audio Signal Input/Output
- 2x MADI / AES10 optical in/out with LC connector via SFP module (front/back)
- 2x RJ45
- Gigabit Ethernet
Control & Monitoring
- Ember+/VSM control
- Front LED status indication
- V__fp1 Front Panel (optional)
- Redundant power supply
- Redundant MADI (4 MADI connections)
- Redundant RAVENNA connection (future option)
- SRC disabled, synchronized operation: < 2 msec
- Format conversion: 1 frame incl de-interlacing
- QuadSplit-Monitoring: 1 frame
2x Auto sensing 100 .. 240V VAC power supply 50/60 Hz nominal on IEC connector: < 100 W
- Storage temperature -4° F to +158° F (-20° C to +70° C)
- Operating temperature +32° F to +104° F (0° C to +40° C)
- Relative humidity <= 90% non-condensing
- Electromagnetic environment: E2 (EN55103-1,-2)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 44mm (1RU) x 481 mm (19") x 458 mm (18")
- Weight 4.6 kg (10.2 lbs)
Subject to change without prior notice, no responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided.
In a premiere, Lawo demonstrates a fully working IP-based stagebox solution for video, audio, intercom and control. read more
Company will handle full range of Lawo solutions. read more
Joseph Electronics (JE), the premier one-stop shop for the broadcast industry and provider of fiber termination and custom fiber solutions through Joseph Fiber Solutions (JFS), today announced an agreement with Germany’s Lawo AG to supply Lawo video products to the North American broadcast market. read more