mc²56 / mc²56 xt / mc²56xc
PERFORMANCE, PURE AND SIMPLE or PERFORMANCE PLUS
A performance console just got even bigger.
Compact, flexible, versatile. With a resourceful engine under the hood, there’s plenty of power to handle any situation. It is easy to understand, and intuitive to operate. This is the mc² 56. The console delivers performance that combines the proven quality of Lawo consoles with state-of-the-art features, improved functions and clever innovations.
And the new mc²56 xt pushes the envelope even further by doubling the fader count on the same footprint. Our conclusion in a single sentence: the mc²56 xt gives the highest fader density and flexibility ever. For maximum performance. Performance plus.
From extra small to extra large: Five frame sizes in two flavors
The size of the task determines the size of the tool, and not vice versa. Therefore, the mc² 56 is available in five different frame sizes: for example, 16 faders for smaller outside broadcast vehicles or 80 faders for more complex challenges. And for even more control on the same footprint, the XT models provide 48 to 144 faders in a high-density dual fader layout. Further expansion can be achieved with 16 or 32 fader stand-alone extenders. With the mc² 56 and mc² 56 xt, you can get the mixing console to meet your exact requirements, tailor-made.
Form follows function: The central control section
This Lawo console goes beyond outstanding audio quality and reliability to provide operational excellence as well. With its clearly structured central control section, it delivers an optimal workflow, so that you never lose your overview, even in the most hectic situations. Thanks to many carefully thought-out details and innovative features, the console is easy to understand and very intuitive to operate. Easy-to-reach individually assignable user-buttons provide direct access to key parameters, and with its large trackball buttons, smart-looking illuminated rotary knobs and HD-resolution touchscreen operation, anyone who encounters the mc² 56 can get started immediately.
- Permanent metering of all 16 central faders
- Many directly accessible parameters (including all 6 dynamic parameters)
- 9 individually assignable user buttons
- Illuminated rotary knobs overview at a glance
- Large trackball buttons
- Improved snapshot operation with directly accessible buttons
- Integrated RTW goniometer or user panel in the overbridge
Form still follows function: The decentralised control section.
The decentralized control capability is a proven winner. The sensible layout of control elements, combined with a wealth of practical features, guarantee maximum efficiency for demanding productions.
The main highlights:
- Button-glow for colour-coding the channel strips and enhanced user guidance even in low light conditions
- Real 2-man operation with fully decentralized control of all parameters including bank and layer selection, EQ, dynamics and bus assignment
- Expanded, simplified touch control for operations such as VCA allocation, bus assignment, meter pickup/mode select and mix-minus configuration
- User buttons in the channel strips can be changed as required, so that up to 12 parameters can be triggered using the 4 fader user buttons
Reference List mc²56
- Frames from 16 to 144 faders
- Remote stand alone frames of 16/32 faders
- 6 banks each with 2 layers
- mc²56: 100 mm fader + 2 freely adjustable rotary knobs + Input-Gain Controller + channel display for each fader with sense-triggered change of module display
- mc²56XT: 100 mm fader + 60mm fader + Input-Gain Controller + channel display for each fader with sense-triggered change of module display
- TFT metering mono, stereo or up to 7.1 including bus assignment, gain reduction for dynamics, AfV status, VCA assignment, Mix Minus
- GUI page output, e.g. metering, on an external monitor
- 9 user buttons
- Optional: one integrated user panel (automation, 40 buttons, Reveal fader surround, talkback), RTW goniometer integration, script tray
- 888 channels and 144 summing buses, 40 bit floating point
- Up to 760 inputs with A/B input, up to 64 sub groups, 32 aux sends, up to 96 track busses, up to 48 main sums
- Rapid switching of channel and bus to mono/stereo/surround
- Up to 96 surround channels, 128 VCA groups with metering, 256 GPC channels
- Surround formats: DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Pro-logic 4.0, DTS ES / Dolby EX 6.1, SDDS 7.1, DTS-HD 7.1, diverse panning characteristics, surround aux bus
- 2* AFL: 1* surround 8-channel, 1*stereo
- 2* PFL stereo
- Audio-follow-Video with 128 events, control via Remote MNOPL, GPI or matrix connection, envelope up to 10 s fade time
- Solo In Place
- Permanent input meter beside fader, adjustable INPUT, PF, AF, DIROUT meter point in the channel display
- Loudness Metering according to EBU R128 & ATSC A/85, momentary or short term in every channel, integrated measurement on sum channels with display of integrated LUFS value in headline
- Modules: INMIX with MS decoder, digital amp, 2-band fully parametric filter, 4-band fully parametric EQ, 2-band fully parametric side chain filter, insert, delay up to 1800 ms (switchable units: meters, milliseconds, frames), 4 independent dynamic modules: expander, gate, compressor, limiter, image, meter, direct out
- Inline configuration with send/return switching - per channel or global
- Fully-equipped surround channel with coupling of all channel parameters and hyperpanning
- AMBIT Upmix available on every 5.1 channel, fully Downmix compatible
- 8 automix groups available for mono/stereo/surround channels with unlimited contribution channels each
- Up to 8192 crosspoints, non-blocking
- 96 kHz, 24-bit
- Fully redundant signal path
- Level adjustment for all inputs and outputs
- Downsizing from surround (up to 7.1) to stereo
- Integrated monitoring devices for remote locations. e.g. director's room
- 1016 internal loop-backs
- Full networking of up to 14 Nova73 cores, share and import of sources and destinations, studio intervention
- Full snapshot and production portability independent of matrix and DSP size
- Mic/Line, Line Out, AES, SDI, HD-SDI, MADI, ATM, GPIO, Serial, MIDI, ADAT, RAVENNA/AES67, Audio-over-IP, for details see DALLIS product information)
- Stereo and surround monitoring systems
2 redundant inputs with automatic Blackburst, Wordclock, AES 3, MADI detection
- PSUs, DSP board, router board
- Fully redundant signal path
- Redundant control system, exchangeable during run time, full data redundancy
- Bay Iso with separate layer and bank switching, plus second PFL/AFL bus
- Global A/B input switching
- Enhanced mix-minus control with independent off-air conference
- Fader control on all level parameters
- Diverse tally and fader start modes
- Program switch
- Machine control
- Audio-follow-video, up tp 128 camera tallies, Ethernet or GPI controlled
- Camera mic remote via GPI or voltage control
External Control Systems
- Remote control of all routing parameters via network
- Ember+ control protocol integrated
- Remote control of integrated matrix monitoring units
- Online configuration with AdminHD, graphical configuration of Nova73 components
- External matrix controller: VSM, Evertz, Ross Overdrive, Quartz, BFE, Pharos, and others
- Connection via Internet remote software
- Software updates, error diagnostics, remote assistance
Subject to change without prior notice, no responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided.
Premiere: mc²56xc audio mixing console
Premiered at the IBC 2016 in Amsterdam: the mc²56xc broadcast audio console with extended controls, introduced by Senior Product Manager Christian Struck.
Discover more and watch our video ...
Bastille Day & 'Champs du Sound'
Watch our video documentation about the audio mixing setup of this year's Bastille Day Celebrations in Paris and listen to the philosophy of sound mixing of France's greatest sound engineers.
Watch the video ...
Premiere: mc²56 XT audio mixing console
At NAB in Las Vegas Senior Product Manager Christian Struck presents the mc²56 XT broadcast audio console.
Have a look at our video ....
NEW: mc² WAVES integration
Senior Product Manager Christian Struck presents the integration of WAVES plug-ins in the mc² consoles.
Have a look at our video ....