The complete 8 channel video processing toolkit.
Closing the gap between video and audio. Conceptually, the V__pro8 resembles a bridge builder. It is a compact, fully digital, 8-channel video processor comprising all of the glue features usually needed in the broadcast production workflow. Combining video and audio management in a single tool guarantees maximum efficiency and greatest operating safety, with significantly reduced space, wiring and cost.
For perfect synchronization: Integrating different signal worlds.
The V__pro8 is the perfect tool to connect different video formats as well as to connect between audio and video. High quality format conversion, color correction as well as audio embedding and de-embedding make the V__pro 8 a compact and powerful video processor, building bridges between different worlds and formats. Modern high-density audio connections such as RAVENNA and MADI provide efficient video-to-audio bridges within the studio infrastructure. The V__pro8 works as a flexible matrix system: using its 8 x 8 video matrix and 384 x 384 audio matrix, it is possible to switch any signal to any other. A modern GUI based on HTML5 provides an ideal interface for easy handling of day-to-day work.
Here's how it works: eight high quality 3G SDI de-embedders and a corresponding number of embedders are looped into the eight video signals according to your preferences. This enables any number of audio signals to be used from the video material, and new audio signals to be embedded into the video signal. In addition, sample rate converters in the embedders enable different "reference worlds" between audio and video - a simple, reliable and efficient solution.
Powerful tools for video processing
- Video / Audio Router provides an internal 8 x 8 video routing matrix and a 384 x 384 audio routing matrix.
- Frame-Synchronizer for syncing incoming independent free running signals to the same reference (Blackburst or TriLevel).
- Variable Video & Audio Delays for compensating latencies and lip-sync matching between incoming or outgoing audio (up to 320 ms delay) and video (up to 8 frames delay) signals. AudioFollowVideo delay mode for automatic compensation of internal video latency.
- (De-) Embedding with SRC to embed, de-embed and shuffle any of the 16 audio channels within the 8 SDI input/output streams simultaneously. Audio interfacing to mixing consoles or external audio routers via MADI and RAVENNA.
- Dolby E® Auto Aligner to automatically adjust the timing of Dolby streams.
- Surround Downmix for providing two automated Lawo-quality 5.1/7.1 to stereo downmixes per embedder.
- Timecode Insertion provides selectable ATC LTC / VITC1 / VITC2 insertion from an input signal or free run mode or from internal Timecode Generator.
- Test Pattern and Video ID Generator provide video ID insertions (text, source, date, timecode, time of day) and color bar test pattern as well as a selection of audio test tones and AV Sync test pattern.
- Thumbnail Previewing to provide motion previews of video signals. The thumbnails are available via IP and can be displayed on the V__pro 8 GUI, external master control systems or PCs.
- High-quality Up / Down / Cross & AR Format Converter for low latency conversion of multi-rate 3G / H D / SD-SDI signals to any relevant broadcast format.
- Multi-format video output: an incoming 1080p signal can be converted to 1080i and 720p at the same time. The next generation motion-adaptive de-interlacing and scaling technology guarantees high image quality.
- Quadsplit Multiviewer provides a high quality video and audio monitoring solution with true peak & peak metering,
- UMD and tally support via the unit’s MV video outputs (BNC / Display Port), displaying up to four video sources at the same time.
- Waveform and Vectorscope Displays enable measuring and monitoring of video signals and evaluation of video adjustments processed within the V__pro 8.
- RGB & Y UV Color-Correction and Proc-Amp to adjust the video signal to specific color requirements. High-quality algorithms guarantee perfect video signals.
- AV Sync Measurement is a high-end measurement tool for managing the precise synchronization of audio and video signals.
- Dolby E® Encoding/Decoding* provides fully compatible en / decoding of professional quality multi-channel audio on a single AES3 connection with Dolby E® metadata handling. In combination with the unit’s Dolby E® Auto Aligner, the V__pro 8 becomes the perfect transmission path gateway for multichannel productions.
High usability, intuitive controls
Innovative functions are only useful in combination with user-friendly controls. Consequently, the V__pro8 provides three convenient ways to control the device:
The V__pro8 can be configured via an easy-to-understand HTML 5-based touch screen interface that runs directly within the web browser. No software installation is needed. As a result, you benefit not only from state-of-the-art user-guidance, but also from elegant animations and many, practical features such as the video channel preview on your GUI. In addition, the web-based approach enables the user to access all V__line devices from anywhere within the network — a feature especially useful in bigger set-ups or in outside broadcast productions with long-distance links.
The V__pro8 fully supports the Ember+ protocol, enabling the device to be controlled by external master control systems like BFE’s KSC, Axon's Cerebrum or LSB’s Virtual Studio Manager. This allows operators to easily access multiple device parameters along with other routing parameters of the broadcast installation via a single, integrated interface. In addition, they get access to the V__pro8’s thumbnails and peak meters within the VSM desktop environment.
V__fp1 Front Panel
In addition to the web GUI, the V__pro8 can be equipped with an optional V__fp 1 hardware control panel for direct configuration and operation, including switch panel and shot box functionality. It features a high-res OLED color display for showing the configuration menu and real-time viewing of video sources. In combination with the large rotary encoder and a Return / Cancel button this allows quick and easy set-up on-site. Ten quick-selection buttons for switching sources, a front-panel headphones connector and an USB port for saving and loading of configurations complete the V__fp 1 user interface.
Everything at a glance
- Frame synchronization for each of the 8 channels
- Frame Phaser and Line Phaser mode
- Variable audio and video delays for each channel
- Embedding and de-embedding incl. SRC for each channel
- RGB Color Correction & Proc Amp for each channel
- Up/Down/Cross Format & AR Conversion for two channels
- Two Surround-to-stereo Downmixer per Embedder
- Dolby® E Auto Aligner
- Quadsplit Multiviewer
- Waveform and Vectorscope display
- Timecode Insertion, Test Pattern Generator and Video ID Generator for each channel
- Timecode Generator
- Sync Generator
- Multi-Format Video Output
- AV Sync Measurement
- Dolby® E Encoding and Decoding*
*available Q1 / 2015
Selected References V__pro8
Renowned customers worldwide have chosen the V__pro8
Selected references as of December 2014
|Al Jazeera Sports||Qatar|
|AMP Visual TV||France|
|ATV Privat TV||Austria|
|Arena TV||United Kingdom|
|Audio Broadcast Services||Germany|
|Baku Media Center||Azerbaijan|
|Bell Media Inc.||Canada|
|BeIn Sport Studio Paris (Al Jazeera)||France|
|Dolby Europe Ltd.||United Kingdom|
|Dorna Moto GP||Spain|
|Empresa Paulista de Televisao||Brazil|
|Fox International Channels||Taiwan|
|Google Ltd.||United Kingdom|
|IEC in Sports||Sweden|
|Infostrada Creative Technology||Belgium|
|IPL Indian Cricket League||India|
|ITV Wales||United Kingdom|
|Les Films du Soleil||France|
|MDR Mitteldeutscher Rundfunk||Germany|
|Media Mobil ||Germany|
|Miltenburg AV||The Netherlands|
|ORF Österreichischer Rundfunk||Austria|
|ProSieben Sat1 Produktion||Germany|
|Radio Televisao Record||Brazil|
|RBS Porto Alegre||Brazil|
|RecordLab TV & Media GmbH||Germany|
|Russian Academy of Sciences||Russia|
| SATCOM ||Germany|
|Sky Italia F1||Italy|
|Studio Berlin Adlershof||Germany|
|Studio Hamburg MCI||Germany|
|Televisa San Angel||Mexico|
|Tokyo Broadcasting System||Japan|
|Video Equipment Rentals Montreal||Canada|
|WTS Well Trade Services||United Kingdom|
- Video Signal Input/Output: 8x 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs via BNC connector, 8x 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs via BNC connector, 1x 3G/1080i MV/QS output via BNC, DisplayPort for local MV/
- Video Reference Signal Input/Output: BB/Tri-Level, WordCLK input via BNC connector, Loop thru, WordCLK, BB/Tri-Level output via BNC connector
- Video Standards:
2.97Gbps Video Standards (1080p):
1080p 60Hz SMPTE-424M, 425M Level A & Level B
1080p 59.94Hz SMPTE-424M, 425M Level A & Level B
1080p 50Hz SMPTE-424M, 425M Level A & Level B
1.485Gbps Video Standards (HD):
1080i 60Hz SMPTE-274M(4),-292M(D)
1080i 59.94Hz SMPTE-274M(5),-292M(E)
1080i 50Hz SMPTE-274M(6),-292M(F)
1080p 30Hz SMPTE-274M(7)-292M(G)
1080p 29.97Hz SMPTE-274M(8)-292M(H)
1080p 25Hz SMPTE-274M(9)-292M(I)
1080p 24Hz SMPTE-274M(10)-292M(J)
1080p 23.976Hz SMPTE-274M(11)-292M(K)
720p 60Hz SMPTE-296M(1),-292M(L)
720p 59.94Hz SMPTE-296M(2),-292M(M)
720p 50Hz SMPTE-296M(2),-292M(M)
270Mbps Video Standards (SD):
576i 16:9 and 4:3 SMPTE-259M(C)
480i 16:9 and 4:3 SMPTE-259M(C)
- Video Reference: Analog Genlock High definition tri-level sync SMPTE-274M/296M or SD 1V BB SMPTE-170M/318M or SDI
- Return loss: SD: > 15dB; HD: > 15dB; 3G-HD: >15dB 5MHz-1.485GHz, >10dB 1.485GHz-2.97GHz
- Cable length: SD: >350m (using Belden1694A), HD: >180m (using Belden 1694A),
3G-HD: >120m (using Belden1694A)
- Video resolution: 10 bit 4:2.2
- Audio Signal Input/output: 2x MADI / AES10 optical in / out via LC connector front (redundant mode selectable); SDI embedded Audio via BNC connector, Ethernet
- Audio Reference Signal Input/Output: BB/Tri-Level, WordCLK input via BNC connectors, WordCLK output via BNC connectors
- Audio Standards: SMPTE 299 / 48, MADI / AES10, RAVENNA / AES67*
- Audio resolution: 24 bit
*future software release
ATC (LTC. VITC1, VITC2) SMPTE12M-2, Binary group data SMPTE 309, AFD SMPTE2016, Closed-Caption SMPTE334, VBI data services /DTV descr. SMPTE334, Source-ID OBSspecial,
Dolby E Meta data SMPTE2020 (more on request)
- Gigabit Ethernet: 2x RJ45 100/1000Base-T
- Thumbnailing & PPM: input/output JPEG thumbnails and PPM data
- AV Sync (Audio/Video): synchronous operation < 2 msec
- Video/Audio output synchronization: Genlocked to external clock reference or SDI input
- Latency: video processing latency: max. 100 pixels; format conversion: 1 frame; QuadSplit monitoring: 1 frame; audio latency (SRC disabled, synchr. operation): < 2 ms
Management and Monitoring
- Protocols: HTTP, SNMPv1, Ember+
- User Interfaces: Embedded HTML 5 user interface, front LED status indication, optional V__fp 1 control panel
2x Auto sensing 100 .. 240V VAC power supply 50/60 Hz nominal on IEC connector: < 80 W
- Storage temperature -4° F to +158° F (-20° C to +70° C)
- Operating temperature +32° F to +104° F (0° C to +40° C)
- Relative humidity <= 90% non-condensing
- Electromagnetic environment: E2 (EN55103-1,-2)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 44mm (1RU) x 481 mm (19") x 458 mm (18")
- Weight 4.6 kg (10.2 lbs)
Subject to change without prior notice, no responsibility is taken for the correctness of the details provided.
Lawo V__link 4
The Lawo way to contribute production-quality video over IP networks. Watch the video